While it’s often extremely beneficial for individuals in the BDM role to have franchising knowledge and experience it’s not as essential as you might think. The role however, is definitely challenging and requires someone with a diverse range of skills. Here’s what I believe are they key elements that go into making an excellent BDM:
- Excellent Communication – written and verbal.
- Facilitator – for effective meetings, focus groups, team building
- Motivator – getting franchisees to reach their full potential
- Auditor – essential for system compliance
- Coach – growing the business and improving profitability
- Recruiter – as prescribed through the franchise’s recruitment process
- Qualifications – relevant business studies
- Technical Skill – display operational excellence
- Ethics – professionalism, credibility, confidentiality
At Franchise Right we excel in training and refining the skills and attributes of those within a BDM role. We know the personal qualities and characteristics that are necessary to be efficient and effective and have had great success in working with clients to really get the best from their BDM.
Contact us to see how we can help you build your business and reach your financial goals!